Shelley Sutherland Scholarship
The Shelley Sutherland Scholarship is named in recognition of the University of Oregon’s former Director of Greek Life. Shelley spent her entire career dedicated to building successful fraternity and sorority leaders.
Six $1000 awards: 1 male and 1 female from the sophomore, junior & senior classes. ($500 fall / $500 winter)
- Current sophomore, junior or senior at the University of Oregon for the 2023-24 school year
- Involvement in Greek Life at UO (not restricted to any particular fraternity or sorority)
- Exemplify the values of scholarship, leadership and service.
- Office of the Dean of Students
- Supplemental Questions
- Applicants must meet all of the following requirements to be eligible to apply for the Sutherland Scholarship. Please confirm which of the following criteria you meet:
- What is your UO Greek Chapter affiliation?
- ESSAY QUESTION: Society's culture and attitude has shifted since the founding of the vast majority of fraternal organizations in the United States, yet your founder's values and principles remain largely unchanged. Closely examine your organization's values and its mission statement and explain how you have demonstrated the expectations set by your organization's founders and created positive influence on the fraternity and sorority community at the University of Oregon.