Professional Development Graduate Scholarship
Funded by the Division of Graduate Studies and the Gary E. Smith Foundation, this award is designed to support outstanding graduate students pursuing professional development or training enrichment activities that would provide (a) unique opportunities not normally available as part of the degree program; (b) intensive, focused development in a particular professional skill area; and © will advance the student’s progress toward graduation and/or career goals.
Examples of professional development activities and expenses include, but are not limited to:
- Registration for and travel to a specialized training
- Registration for a writing workshop
- Consultation or tutoring services related to writing for publication or statistics
- Purchase of unique and specialized materials needed to advance professional development
- Intensive language training not available at the UO
- Training or seminars related to the use of specialized lab equipment
- Unique performance techniques or new research methodologies
- Field or career-specific instructor/facilitator training or certifications
Applications are due by 5:00 pm on Friday of week 2 of each term*
Applicants will be notified by Friday of week 5.
*We understand that sometimes students find out about opportunities at the last minute, or on a timeline that doesn’t fit these deadlines. Applications received after week 2 will be considered if funds are available, and must include a statement of 3-5 sentences articulating why they should be considered after the deadline.